Organic Lifestyle Decreases Your Health Risk
1) The number one reason people choose and organic lifestyle is organic food. Organic food prevents chemical exposure. Eating organic not only helps prevent chemicals from entering your body, but also decreases your risk of developing certain cancers and chronic diseases. like diabetes and heart disease.
Organic Food Decreases Your Risk of Developing Disease
In a study published in Environmental Health Perspectives it was shown that those who ate organic foods were 25 percent less likely to develop disease than those who were not organic food eaters. The study also showed that organic living had a preventative effect on the development of certain diseases, including cancer and other chronic illnesses.
Organic Farming Better for the Environment
2) It’s better for the environment: When organic waste goes into landfills it releases methane gas which contributes to global warming more than any other industrial activity in the world. Allowing organic waste to decompose on site means less methane is released into our atmosphere.
Lifestyle trends change over time, but organic living is a movement that continues to grow as more people realize the benefits of organic food and lifestyle products.
Supports Your Local Organic Farmers
3) Today’s organic consumers are concerned with minimizing their exposure to toxic chemicals found in non-organic foods, cleaning products, personal care items, furniture and building materials. In addition, organic farmers have a very difficult time making ends meet sometimes and when you help someone in your own community, feed their own family, it just makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
What does "Certified Organic" mean?
Organic foods are produced according to organic farming standards, which are verified by independent state or private organic certification organizations. Watching your organic food dollars stretch farther is not the only benefit of eating organically; there’s also more nutritional value and better taste in organic products! Organic meat has no added hormones or antibiotics like non-organic meats often do.
Organic foods must be produced and processed according to organic standards defined by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA). Organic farming practices preserve water quality, prevent erosion and enrich soil. It also means that organic farmers don’t use pesticides or artificial fertilizers. Meat, poultry, eggs and dairy products labeled organic have been raised on organic feed only.
Organic Lifestyle Preserves Nature
4) Organic farming preserves nature simply by following the USDA guidelines that any product must meet to carry the label “Certified Organic”.
But that’s not the only thing that organic farming contributes to preserving nature.
Organic farming also reduces pollution because organic farmers focus on soil health.
They do not use chemical pesticides or fertilizers that pollute waterways and harm fish populations, but instead they care for the land to keep it healthy so future generations can enjoy nature’s beauty.
And organic farms can help prevent deforestation by choosing crops instead.
Organically grown crops can help prevent deforestation by choosing to grow grains, berries and vegetables instead of trees for wood. Not only does this reduce the amount of land that needs clearing but it also helps keep wildlife populations alive as the animal habitats are preserved. Consumers who are looking after themselves with an “organic” way of life would want their skin care products not come from a company whose farming practices have led to environmental degradation or loss in biodiversity. People buying clothing made from natural materials such as cotton should look out for labels guaranteeing that no pesticides were used during cultivation – otherwise they might be indirectly polluting waterways through pesticide run-off!
Organic Lifestyle is on the Rise
5) Walk in to any grocery store and you will see a much larger increase in shelf space dedicated to organics. The demand for organic food is on the rise, and in 2014 that demand registered a whopping $35.9 billion in total sales.
If you study trends in the stock market, Marketwatch posted a study by Hexa Research in 2018 and Hexa has estimated the organic industry will reach $70.4 billion by 2025 as the increase for organic food continues to rise.
The organic lifestyle has increased in years since organic foods have become easier to get and more people are aware of the benefits of organic food.
360 Organic Lifestyle Magazine helps promote knowledge of living green through blogging articles related to health & wellness while also helping readers stay updated with current trends and events in organic, natural and healthy lifestyles.
Living an organic lifestyle is not as difficult as many people think it would be. There are a plethora of reasons why you should make the transition to organic living and one of those main reasons is health related. Eating healthy will help your body fight off diseases, relive stress and anxiety, which will lead to a happier and more fulfilled life. Eating organic will also help you feel better about yourself since it is good for the environment and your body, so why not give organic living a try?